I’ve heard of people talking about their 101 in 1001 lists for a long time. I’ve seen them circulating on the internet but I didn’t really get them. It’s like a bucket list. Yea, kinda. But it’s in a time frame. I don’t know what I thought it was but after hearing more and more about it from Stephanie, I was convinced to start one!
What is the 101 in 1001?
It all comes from the Day Zero Project.
Day Zero started out with the catchy challenge of completing 101 things in 1001 days. This has been enormously popular with tens of thousands of people getting involved and sharing their lists. We now offer many more types of challenges, but here are the original guidelines for the challenge:
The Challenge:Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple challenges such as New Year’s resolutions or a ‘Bucket List’. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
Want to start your own?
I suggest visiting Stephanie’s post! I found it to be super helpful!
You can also see my list on the 101 in 1001 page.
start date: July 10, 2017
finish date: April 5, 2020
bold ones are works-in-progress.
1. Read 100 books
2. Refinish a piece of furniture
3. Watch 5 documentaries
4. Learn how to shoot a gun
5. Learn how to drive a stick shift
6. Get a clean bill of health from the dentist
7. Donate blood
8. Read the Entire Bible
9. Create and maintain a perpetual calendar of birthdays for the family
10. Learn to take pictures with my DSLR
11. Publish a book (self-publish is cool)
12. Have a staple wardrobe that looks like it belongs to an adult.
13. Become debt free (totally)
14. Put 3 months income in an emergency fund
15. Finish flipping the Fayetteville house
16. Have my retirement investments hit 20 K
17. Have a no spend month.
18. Get all the insurances I need
19. Go on a Savannah ghost tour
20. Go to at least five different concerts (not counting Sam Hunt)
21. Go to every game for a local minor league sports team for a whole season
22. Invest in an office configuration that is comprehensive
23. Launch a weekly newsletter that is a roundup of articles
24. Build my personal data warehouse & dashboard
25. Travel while working (nomadic working)
26. Speak at a Conference or Panel Discussion
27. Have a blog post go viral
28. Launch BD Bookshelf
29. Take a cooking class
30. Run a marathon (on my 26th birthday?)
31. Do a full Murph
32. Cook Thanksgiving Dinner
33. Have 8 staple dinner recipes
34. Make 12 recipes off Pinterest
35. Do yoga every day for a month.
36. Bake an apple pie crust and and all.
37. Have a no-eating-out month
38. Do a whole thirty
39. Go a month without desert
40. Eat at the Melting Pot
41. Bake bread from scratch
42. Walk 10,000 steps a day for a
43. Grow my own tomatoes & use one in a meal
44. Cook my way through a cookbook
45. Try a Barre Class
46. Get my CF Level 1
47. Make sushi at home
48. Host a dinner party with the china
49. Make a friend’s recipe
50. Come up with 101 Things and Write Them Down
51. Start and finish a Netflix original series
52. Get engaged
53. Get married
54. Throw a surprise party
55. Have a Nerf gun surprise date night
56. Watch a live comedy show
57. Go ice skating
58. Have a real Christmas tree
59. Leave a $20 tip on a bill less than 10$
60. Go apple/blueberry/pumpkin picking
61. Spend a weekend totally unplugged
62. Go skiing/snowboarding
63. Spend a day boating
64. Have a fire
65. Send 12 random “just because” cards
66. Send someone flowers
67. Get updated headshots, twice
68. See Sam Hunt Live
69. Plant a tree.
70. Get my little prince tattoo
71. Ride in a limo
72. Write my name in Wet Cement
73. Watch the sunrise on the beach
74. Have at least five things I’ve “set & forget” on Amazon’s Subscribe & Save
75. Have Bo all up to date on all his shots
76. Meet five blogging friends in real life
77. Watch a full Globo novela
78. Have weekly date nights every week for a quarter
79. Keep up with laundry every week for a quarter
80. Journal every day for a month
81. Take out my contacts every day for a month
82. Buy the meal of the person behind me in a drive thru
83. Be a bridesmaid
84. Buy fresh flowers once a week for a month
85. Have a “pinch me” moment
86. Acquire a pair of real diamond earrings.
87. Go on at least one couples date a month for a year.
88. Survive a deployment
89. See a solar eclipse
90. Visit five new states
91. Go to Disney
92. Go on an all-inclusive resort vacation
93. Visit 2 new countries
94. Go on a cruise
95. Go glamping
96. Go on an hour-long hike
97. Take a girls trip
98. See a Broadway play
99. Visit a wonder of the world
100. Get together with all of my Burke Cousins in one place.
101. Get together with all of my Lima cousins in one place.